Education and Academic Achievements:
PhD thesis "The training of advanced junior chess-players using chess software and internet resources" (2006).
- 1990 - 1992 – High Trainer-School of the Russian State Academy of Physical Culture and Sport (Moscow). Specialty: high category chess trainer, diploma with distinction, state registration number 2 ДВА #174773.
- 1984-1988 – the State Institute of the Physical Culture (now the Russian State University of Physical Culture and Sport), Moscow. Specialty: Chess Coach - diploma with distinction, state registration number Г1#477209.
1997-1999 - Skills Development course at Moscow Institute of Networks and Computer Technologies:
- Course: Internet media, certificate #1-126, 1999.
- Course: PC upgrade and diagnostics, certificate #W-112 1999.
- Course: Word and Excel as basic programs, certificate #W-211, 1999.
- Course: Computer for all professions, certificate # 7-0155, 1997.
- Course: Basic methods of blind typing, 1997.
A winner of International Chess Tournaments, a participant of the championship of the World (blitz)2010, Russia and Europe 2001, a member of the top 50 greatest chess woman players worldwide (FIDE-ELO) 1992-1994. Please watch the video:
- 1997-2003 – T. Petrosjan chess club, coach of the highest category.
- 2004-2005, I worked as an expert at chess software company "ChessAssistant", one of the developers of the "Chess Planet" zone (www.chessplanet.ru). I applied my training method in distant teaching (86 online lectures).
- An Assistant Professor at the Departament of Chess Theory and Practice (Russian University of Social Sciences, www.rgsu.net). I have taught Information Technology to chess players and coaches since 2006.
- Awarded by the Silver Medal of the Empress Maria Feodorovna "For Social Service", the Federal State Budget Educational Institution of Higher Professional Education "The Russian State Social University", 2015.
- Awarded by the Silver Honorary Badge of Peter the Great and the Empress Maria Feodorovna Medal "For Achievements in Social Education", the Federal State Budget Educational Institution of Higher Professional Education "The Russian State Social University", 2017.
- Announcement of gratitude from the Minister of Sports of the Russian Federation то Irina V. MIKHAILOVA – the Associate Professor of the Theory and methodology of physical culture and sports chair of the Federal State Educational Institution of Higher Professional Education "The Russian State Social University" (the Order No. 103 "On the announcing the gratitude from the Minister of Sport of the Russian Federation", July 27, 2017).
А chess match on 100 boards - Russian State Social University against Moscow State University, 2011- 85,5-24,5!
Please watch the video:
Publications, activities and awards:
I am the author of the book "Strategy of the Champions: Thinking in Schemes" (272 p., Moscow 2011), and the author of more than 70 articles in chess and scientific journals (see some of them in My publications written in 1994-2011.
I have developed a newest computerized training method for chess players coaching. Among my students are International Masters: V. Evelev, V. Kuporosov, N. Kurenkov (Champion of Russia). I taught as well E. Fatalebekova (World champion among veterans) and Roza Те (Woman Grand Master of France) and Artur Gabrilian.
I was awarded a Soros Grant in 1999 from the Institute of the Open Association for the achievements in the computer technology development for children.
My hobby: swimming. I have my personal record - 2000 m in just 58 minutes. Let's be together!
My second hobby: Labrador-retriever Peter. It swims faster, however.